Volunteers are an important part of the ministries of New Life Union Mission.
Volunteering at the Mission allows you to help others while fulfilling God’s plan for your life as described in Ephesians 2:10: “For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
We offer one-time, weekly, monthly, or periodic volunteer opportunities. We have volunteers every week at our Mission Youth Center Clubs and during the summer at New Life Youth Camp. Others volunteer at our thrift stores.
Christmas is a wonderful time to volunteer at the Mission as we set up and operate a Christmas Toy Store for underserved children and their families. We also need people we can call to come in and help with special projects. These are just a few of the ways you can work alongside Mission staff to serve our Lord and meet the needs of others. Below you will find a list of other ways you can help and what to do to get involved.
Ways You Can Help
- Help with the Weekend Food for Kids Backpack Program (packing food, delivering it to schools, financial support)
- Coordinate a Toy Drive for the Christmas Toy Store
- Pray for our ministries
- Volunteer at the Mission Youth Center or New Life Youth Camp as a van rider or small group leader or to pick up food
- Volunteer to hang clothes at one of our thrift stores
- Donate plastic grocery bags, school supplies, snacks, or sports equipment
- Provide new or gently used school uniforms